UK based artist Paul Burgess creates fantastical, vibrant and light dappled woodland scenes. Living and working in the beautiful Wye Valley near the market town of Monmouth, his inspiration comes from being out in the countryside and experiencing nature first hand. Wandering through woodland, especially at dawn, and marveling at the spectacular light that the morning sun so often produces has created stunning, radiant paintings, each colour highlighted like an outlined piece in a stained glass panel.
Paul’s work is greatly influenced by his time spent as a Buddhist monk. His landscape paintings stem from that period and are predominantly about how he sees the present moment and how alive the experience can be when he is totally present with it, before his mind takes over and starts flooding the moment with thoughts.
Paul Burgess’ work can be seen at The Art Gallery, Tetbury and The New Leaf Gallery, Monmouth.
We are proud to have Paul use our canvases, especially when he sends through images such as ‘Lambency Wood’ an oil painting on one of our 36” x 36” gallery professional canvases.
“I have thoroughly enjoyed working on it (a Fine Art Canvas) and have already started the second canvas and am looking forward to working on the two smoother canvases too”
- Paul Burgess
- Gina Parr
- Toni Hargreaves’ “Two Halves”
- Some Glowing Feedback from Artist Esther Price
- It’s Good To Hear…
- A Step by Step Process from Animal Artist Toni Hargreaves
- Maritime Artist Mark Woollacott’s BAR AC45 Catamaran
- Stephen G Kingston, The Wall Project, Galeri Arts Centre, Caernarfon
- Stephen Paul Simpson
- Paul Kenton Capital Impressions Bruton Street Exhibition
- Louise McNaught ‘Wild’ Series
- “Honeymoon” Oil Painting Step by Step with Steve PP
- Bespoke Canvases for Paul Kenton